Do you have an interest in fabrication/ welding? Do you want to take your fabrication skills and knowledge to the next level while getting paid and completing formal training? Are you looking to change industry and learn new skills?
In partnership between Naval Group Australia and ASC, MEGT (Australia) Ltd is currently recruiting 1st year Fabrication Apprentices to conduct training and complete their apprenticeship with ASC, with the intent to work on the Collins Class submarine now and the Attack class submarine in the future. You will learn from the best Australian and French minds in submarine design, build and sustainment, preparing you for a successful career in the naval ship-building industry for decades.
Based at ASC, Osborne as a Fabrication Apprentice, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating and applying safety work practices.
- Understanding Weld Procedure Specification sheets and applying to welding tasks with assistance.
- Selecting, using and maintaining various hand and portable tools with due regards for application and safety.
- Identifying ferrous and non-ferrous weldable grade materials.
- Demonstrating application of welding skills, safety precautions, heat treatment and testing of welds.
- Successfully completing applicable formal training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- Ensuring regular completion of the On-the-Job Diary.
Applicants will need to:
- Have completed a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1)